Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Soho Trip

Well yesterday I took a trip down to SoHo, not too unusual for me because I'm from uptown and its a simple train ride but always fun.  I visited the American Apparel SoHo Outlet, Sephora, Urban Outfitters, Brandy Melville, and H&M (But wasn't pleased probably because I can only wear black&white to school and there was SO much color).  I'll go through the stores:

American Apparel SoHo Outlet - Located on Lafayette St. [Near the B,D,F,M trains] Very very cool, they restock new things everyday. Some stuff that hasn't even been featured in the stores, and the stuff that has is marked down. The only "sucky" policy is everything is FINAL SALE. Meaning they don't let you return or exchange.  As the sales associate put it the only possible exchange is "if you picked up the wrong size and let the store but 10 minutes later you realized you had the wrong size so you came back". Sucks? Right.  If you wanna go check it out, I suggest you get down there before September 17th when it closes.  Next time I go back I plan to buy the Underwire Swimsuit bodysuit in white.


Sephora - I was trying to find some cool new lipsticks or stains.  I'm not really comfortable with makeup yet, so I'm open to testing different products.  I'd much rather leave my house with a natural face with a face caked with makeup. But I'm trying. So I picked up some Clinique Chubby Stick Lip Balm #16 (voluptuous violet). Since my new school requires black&white attire, my best friend said a nice burgundy or purple would go nicely.  Its more of a balm so I doesn't show as much but still cute and hydrating.


Brandy Melville - Total "hispter" (excuse me for using the term), laid back store.  You walk in and their blasting Frank Ocean's Chanel Orange.  Like I LOVE this store.  Its quiet the scandy naked store so get comfortable with showing some skin in the woven bandeaus and plenty of crop top tees with logos like The Kills and LA.  Its very relaxed and its like walking into someone's cabin/beach villa. The color range is very neutral calm unlike when I walked into H&M and saw mostly neons. Any teenage girl's dream.  I bought my best friend a very sexy dress from here on her birthday.  Heres a picture of my backpack I got from them in the beginning of the summer that I will be wearing to my first day of school tomorrow.  Only $55. Its the first bag on the left but more grey in the tribal print like the bag on the right.


Urban Outfitters - probably my favorite store, but can be a little pricey when your broke like me lol.  I didn't buy anything because I really just wanted mess around with the heels upstairs.  So I went for the scariest on the Jeffrey Campbell Prickly Mary Jane Platform.  Heelless shoe isn't one to play with, it looks as though it could break ankles but when trying it on, it was more comfortable then some stilettos I've worn. And theres no "oh no I'm going to tilt back" feeling, the shoe is pretty high so my calves were aching trying to just get in my foot in the shoe.  The studs hurt like hell though, I didn't expect them to be that sharp.  But its a very cute shoe and very edgey and costs $220.  I might go for the suede stud-less one.  I would totally buy!

So that was my SoHo trip, time for me to go to bed for my first day of school, Fashion's Night Out in the evening and the VMAs.

Sweet dreams,

- Rain






No comments:

Post a Comment