Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Review of Forever 21's Fashion/Style Icon: Forever Aaliyah

Though I am days later, I found Forever 21's tribute to Aaliyah was quite special in the midst of 11th anniversary of Aaliyah's death. Her post 90's style can be found on their blog.  Forever does a fantastic job a capturing her style in just 3 photos, it brought a smile to my face.  I loved that edginess and that beauty she revealed in as Forever 21 puts it "sporty sleek" style.  My favorite look of hers was at the  2000 MTV VMA's.



Babygirl could always be found in crop top or bandeau exposing her perfect body, a tight leather top, or a bandana.  As Forever 21 portrayed their model with long beautiful black flowing hair.  Aaliyah evolved from a tomboy 15 year old girl breaking through the industry into an elegant grown woman.  She was known for a sweet personality and work ethic with the voice of an angel.  My mother introduced her music to me at three and four years old.  I knew her voice clearly when I turned on the radio, surprisingly at the age of three I knew how to do that.  I still jam out to favorites such as "Rock the Boat", "I Dont Wanna Be", "Back & Forth", "Miss You", "Are You That Somebody" and countless others.

She was really an inspiration, a beauty and will truly be missed among the other fallen angels of 90's.


Rest In Peace Babygirl. And a special thanks to Forever21 for recognizing the R&B sensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment